My Travel Plans For The Year 2017

My Travel Plans For The Year 2017

This year is a little different from previous years as I’ve graduated from university and the world is now my oyster! Some would say it’s time to take the next step into adulthood, also known as full time employment, however my mind and soul just aren’t ready for that yet. I can’t seem to get my head around working 9-5 everyday for an indefinite amount of time… and how would I manage with only four weeks annual leave per year?!

In February I travelled to Vietnam for three weeks with two of my friends (post coming soon!), and I told everyone that when I got home I would get a ‘real’ job. So naturally I arrived home and hopped on the good old internet to search for cheap flights and deals. I ended up booking a five-week trip to Europe at the end of May…oops!

I will be flying into London and catching up with friends in the UK, before doing a 16 day Contiki tour through England, Scotland and Ireland. I can’t wait to experience the history and culture of these wonderful countries, especially since my last name is Irish! I’m then flying to Dubrovnik to do a sailing trip through Croatia for a week, which is something that’s been on my bucket list for a while. Croatia was one of my favourite countries in Europe and I am so excited to go back and explore it a bit more.

Later in the year I’m considering getting a working holiday visa to the US if I’m eligible (they have them for recent graduates and students), or perhaps Canada or the UK. But, knowing me I will probably change my mind a thousand times! If anyone has any tips or advice on what to do with my life, please feel free to share them with me 🙂

Share:

10 Comments

1. March 27, 2017 / 4:02 am

Love what you’re doing! I want to do that exact same Contiki trip when I graduate. I send you nothing but luck and hope you come across grand adventure!

• Becca Dunne
      March 27, 2017 / 9:52 am

Thank you Rosy, sounds like we are similar 😉 You too, happy travels!

2. March 27, 2017 / 11:55 pm

YOU GO FOR IT! I can honestly say I regret not travelling when I finished University, life is short to not enjoy it before you have to be tied down with a career and adulting! I look forward to reading all about it! Scotland and Ireland are awesome 😉 im slightly biased though, ha! Dubrovnik is on my list too!

3. Becca Dunne
    March 28, 2017 / 3:48 pm

That’s exactly what I think! Thank you 🙂 Are you Scottish?! Croatia is amazing, you should definitely give it a visit!

• March 28, 2017 / 4:33 pm

Yes I’m Scottish! I’m currently in the process of booking some short trips with my sister so hopefully I’ll go soon!!

• Becca Dunne
        March 28, 2017 / 4:56 pm

That’s awesome, I’d love to live so close to Europe! Good luck with your travels 🙂

4. April 5, 2017 / 11:06 am

A trip around the UK sounds amazing! Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities EVER!
    Also – if you’re considering Canada, would totally recommend Montreal and the east coast! It’s so incredible and full of culture!

5. Becca Dunne
    April 5, 2017 / 12:42 pm

That’s awesome to hear, I’m so excited 🙂 I will definitely keep it in mind! x

6. April 8, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Go for it, girlll. I can’t imagine how people do a 9-5 for ages either. Oh and you should definitely travel here to Sri Lanka. You would love some sunshine ♥ Zin xx

7. April 8, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Thanks Zin! Sri Lanka is definitely on my list of places to travel, as the photos I’ve seen look so beautiful 🙂 can’t wait to read more of your posts xx